Call for Research Papers - 2017 Symposium and #ISOJ Journal
April 21-22, 2017
Austin, Texas, United States
The International Symposium on Online Journalism at the University of Texas at Austin is now welcoming full paper submissions for 2017! Papers accepted to the conference will be published in the #ISOJ journal.
Deadline: January 6, 2017 by 10 p.m. (CST). Notifications will be sent out in early February 2017.
SUBMIT PAPER HERE
NEW! Just like the last 2 years, we encourage authors to include multimedia with their research paper submission. As this is a paper competition that focuses on online journalism, we encourage submissions that embrace the digital platform. In addition to traditional text, researchers may also submit videos, interactive infographics, audio files and any other form of multimedia with their research paper. NOTE: The multimedia components are absolutely optional and the existence or not of these components will not affect the judging process. You can see the 2015 & 2016 multimedia journal website here as an example: https://isojjournal.wordpress.com/
Papers accepted to the symposium will be published in #ISOJ -- The official journal of the International Symposium on Online Journalism.
The digital journal will feature the paper and any relevant multimedia files that correspond to the article for a full digital experience.
SUBMIT PAPER HERE
This unique international conference mixes academic research and industry oriented panel discussions, with scholars from universities around the world and journalists and executives representing some of the most important media and news organizations from around the globe.
The International Symposium on Online Journalism welcomes all papers that clearly deal with original research into online journalism. Papers that are submitted by the deadline below will be blind reviewed by a panel of scholars from leading universities from around the world. Check out the symposium website to review papers accepted in previous years (since 2004) to understand the kind of research topics and issues that have been covered.
Submission requirements: Academic papers should present original research into any aspect on online journalism including, but not limited to, changes in news content and presentation, business models for digital journalism, shifting roles of journalists and readers, impact of mobile technology on journalism, and the legal and ethical implications of globally accessible journalism.
Full Paper Instructions:
* Only full papers will be accepted. No abstracts.
* Papers should not have been published or presented at a prior conference.
* Papers should not be sent to another conference when under review of this paper competition.
* Papers should not be sent to a journal when under review of this paper competition.
* Fill out the online submission form completely. Title should be printed on the first page and on running heads on each page thereafter.
* Don't include author's name in any part of the paper.
* Papers uploaded with author's identifying information displayed will automatically be disqualified.
* Paper must be written in English.
* Page length is no more than 30 pages (excluding references, tables and appendices)
* Paper must be formatted to APA style and no longer than 30 pages (excluding references, tables, appendices)
* If papers don't meet aforementioned requirements, they will automatically be disqualified and returned to the author.
* If your paper is accepted, all travel arrangements must be made by author (plan on two-night stay at minimum).
SUBMIT PAPER HERE
If you experience any problems in submitting your paper or have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com